Last updated on June 14th, 2023 at 07:15 am
If you are a person who loves purees, smoothies, juices, etc. Then you cannot say no to a blender. As you know, there are different blender types today. Countertop blender is one of the most efficient and designed for multiple uses.
However, most people overlook cleaning and taking care of this blender. They assume countertop blenders do not have to be cleaned since they are durable and powerful. You must get rid of such assumptions, without proper cleaning, a countertop blender cannot survive for a long time.
Let it be any brand, you must clean and take care of your blender for extending its lifespan and also to prevent any health issues. Follow the instructions and tips compiled below.
How to take care of a countertop blender –
- Do not overlook the user manual and the instruction provided in it.
- Clean the blender cup after each use and clean the power base at least once a week.
- If the brand recommends a specific method to clean the blender, then you need to follow it. Do not neglect manufacturers’ instructions.
- Some of the glass and plastic jar blenders are dishwasher compatible. However, do not try to load them in a dishwasher. Always consider cleaning them manually, a dishwasher could scratch glass or plastic jar, remember, the scratch itself would make the jars look annoying.
- The brand recommends a list of functions that could be performed with the blender, do not try to do any other functions other than what is recommended by the manufacturer.
- Always unplug the blender after use.
- Never store a blender at a place with no air circulation
- Keep the blender away from water sources to prevent rusting.
- If the blender starts giving off a bad odor, then while cleaning, add some lemon slices into the cleaning solution.
- Do not run the blender for more than 5-minutes continuously, every time you need to run the blender for some extended time, you need to give 1-minute break in between every 5-minute run.
- Never overload the blender jar, the maximum holding capacity of the jar should not be considered, always consider a capacity less than the manufacturer declared quantity.
- Just because counter blenders are comparatively powerful, do not try to do the undoable. Doing such things could compromise the jars and kill the motor. Always restrain yourselves from doing such things.
- A countertop blender should not be turned on without closing the jar, some people tend to leave the jar open and feed material into the jar, avoid such practices.
- Never operate a countertop blender with wet hands, do not allow water to seep into the housing while using the blender or turning on the blender.
How to clean your counter blender
When it comes to cleaning the countertop blender, it involves cleaning three different parts. All these parts are an integral part of the blender, jar, blade, and power base. These three parts have to be cleaned separately for ease of cleaning and efficiency.
Cleaning the jar –
Cleaning the jar is the first thing you need to do and you need to clean the jar after every time you use it for some function.
Step 1: Attach the jar to the power base and then add some dishwasher fluid into it. Add some water into the jar and wait for 1-minute. Now, close the jar and turn on the blender. Let the solution blend in the jar for at least 2-minutes.
Step 2: Stop the blender and then empty the jar and rinse the jar until free of soap. Use regular water to rinse the jar. Follow this procedure for the general cleaning of the jar.
However, if you are planning on an overall thorough cleaning, continue following the instructions listed below.
Step 3: If you find stains on your blender jar, you need to fill half the jar with water and add a few drops of dishwashing fluid. Then add a few small pieces of lemons into the solution. Attach the jar to the power base, close the jar, and then turn on the blender to let the solution blend for some time.
Step 4: Turn off the blender after 2 or 3-minutes and empty the jar and rinse it with fresh water. Check if the stains disappeared or still sticks on the jar, if yes, then follow the instructions below.
Step 5: Pick a soft scrubber or toothbrush and scrub the spot with stains thoroughly. Make sure you are not making scratches add some dishwashing fluid to lubricate the process. If this does not help, as a final step, you need to rinse the jar and then fill it with a cup of white vinegar, two drops of dishwashing fluid, and a spoon of baking soda. Blend them and leave it overnight.
Step 6: Empty the jar and rinse it and you would find the jar to be clean.
Now leave the jar upside down for air drying, do not use the jar without drying.
Cleaning the power base –
Cleaning the power base is comparatively easier than cleaning the jar and blade.
Step 1: Soak a microfiber cloth or sponge in warm soapy water
Step 2: Use this sponge or microfiber to wipe the housing of the power base. Start from the top, clean the coupling socket first, and from there move down the housing. Wipe the base of the housing only in the end.
Step 3: While cleaning, if you find hard stains, scrub or use a toothbrush the rub vigorously to clean them.
Step 4: Now, you need to rinse the sponge or microfiber cloth and then use it to wipe the housing to remove any excess dirt of soap sticking on it.
Then leave the power base to air dry.
Cleaning the blade –
Cleaning a countertop blender blade should be done carefully, most commonly, blender blades are very sharp and they could hurt you if handled carelessly.
Step 1: If the jar cleaning did not clean the blade, you need to separate the blade from the jar, check the user manual to find out how to remove it.
Step 2: Once the blade is removed, dip it into the soapy water, and then with a scrubber or toothbrush, you scrub the blades carefully.
Step 3: Use a toothbrush to brush the hard-to-reach spots of the blade setup.
Step 4: After scrubbing and brushing, dip the blade setup into the water again and rinse it well to remove all the soap and dirt on it.
Step 5: Before reassembling the jar, try to lubricate the blade setup with olive oil.
Different countertop blenders might have different designs and therefore, cleaning them could be easy or complicated. However, as far as we know, small improvising to the above-listed cleaning instructions would be enough.